You are probably thinking that you can never make your own cheesecake at home, but guess what, you can! With this easy recipe, just follow the instructions jotted below, you will end up with the fluffiest from scratch homemade cheesecake.
Concerning the topping, we chose here to work with blueberries, for their incredible taste and of course because they perfectly match with the acidity of lemon juice. However you can make deferent toppings with the same recipe.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs OR zwieback crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tablespoons + 1 tsp (1/3 cup) melted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups (2 large packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 whole eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pounds blueberries
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- A couple dashes cinnamon
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Select a pie pan (shape of your choice, 9- inch pie pan).Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust by stirring together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan; try to have a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides.
- Make the filling: beat together the room-temperature cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla, again mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- move the cheesecake into the oven. Bake it for 20 minutes, and then cover the crust with strips of aluminum foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes (for a total of about 30 minutes). Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and place it in the countertop to cool while you make the topping. Once the cake is cool, refrigerate it, covered, until you’re ready to serve it.
- To make the topping: In a saucepan, combine blueberries, water, lemon juice, sugar and spices.
- Heat over medium heat until berries begin to burst and juice starts to thicken about 10 minutes. Allow the berries to cool down.
- Spoon the topping over the cheesecake, and cut slices to serve, Garnish with lemon zest and enjoy!!
P.S: To prevent beating too much air into the batter, set your mixer at low-medium speed.
p.s2: you can just sprinkle fruits you have instead of making the topping
p.s3: you can make ahead the crust and cook it only for 20min and keep it in the fridge until the day of serving, make the filling, pop it in the oven for 10 min. and then make your own topping.