Oatmeal is not just a trendy product these days. It is healthy, full of fiber, plenty of other healthy factors that lower the risk of heart disease, and reduces blood cholesterol. If I want to talk about oatmeal I can do that without a blink! But let’s just keep it simple and quick for you to enjoy what you are here for.
Now healthy food shouldn’t be boring and tasty-less. No healthy food is all about flavors, colorful fruits and veggies. And that Is why you will admire this dish.
Quick and easy as always, it can be served for breakfast, brunch, dessert… so any possibilities the sky is the limit.
cooking time : 45min
preparation time : 10 min
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced into circles
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats*
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat free milk (or any milk you like to use)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt.
- In an another bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, egg , milk and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven. Pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats evenly, Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the top.
- Uncovered, bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your “fancy OATMEAL”
Side note: you can substitute banana with apples instead.