Crunchy and sweet healthy sweets you can ever make to enjoy your coffee mugs. Vegan or not these are the best treats to have why? Because of the crunchy feeling you get once you have your first bite! Healthy because it has quinoa crispies inside and fluffy texture in the center thanks to the coconut flour! I love everything about the recipe plus it is kid friendly treats!
Servings: 30 cups/ 1 big mold
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond butter or mixed nut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 – 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon quinoa crispies
- Flaked sea salt to garnish
- In a heat proof bowl melt the chocolate ( in the microwave or use a double boiler). Once melted, using a silicone candy mold (choose the shape you like) or mini muffin cups lined with small paper liners, fill each cup with about 1/2 teaspoon of the melted chocolate.
- Transfer the mold or the cups into the freezer for 30 minutes to cool.
- afterwards, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour and salt in a bowl until you have a nice thick dough. Toss in the quinoa crispies.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of this mixture; roll it into a little ball. Place the ball in the center of the chocolate, then press it down slightly with your finger. Repeat until done.
- Cover the almond butter mixture with melted chocolate. repeat until all the candies are covered. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired and place the molds back into the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and pop the candies out the molds and enjoy!
You can enjoy your sweet chocolate almond butter up to 2 month, just store them in the freezer until use.