As i already said in the previous pasta recipes, you can never go wrong with Italian pasta dishes! Not so tricky instructions, on the go creamy recipe, real simple and satisfying packed with leeks and lemon zest for extra flavor!
Yield: 4 serves
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 12 min
- ¾ pound of any short pasta you like.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise then crosswise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup heavy cream 10 ounces
- baby spinach (about 12 cups)
How to make it:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return keep it in a medium bowl for later.
- Over medium heat, heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the leeks, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and lemon zest and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more, tossing frequently, once the shrimp is opaque throughout, remove turn off the heat.
- Add the cream and ½ teaspoon salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stir until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes add the baby spinach. Once the baby spinach broke down, turn off the heat; mix the shrimp mixture and the spinach together.
- Serve warm.