Addictive to cherry tomatoes? you are going to love this quick grilled chicken platter garnished with sweet roasted baby tomatoes. The freshly roasted cherry tomatoes gives you that special juicy twist on an ordinary grilled chicken. Bursting with flavor, this recipe is sure to become your go-to dinner night recipe.
Preparation time: 20 min
Total cooking time: 45 min
- 2 lb. mixed-size cherry tomatoes, on the vine if desired (about 4 pints)
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast cutlets
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped tarragon
- Heat oven to 500°F. Heat grill on medium-high.
- Cut about 1 cup of largest tomatoes in half. On rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle all tomatoes with garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, red pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Roast on upper oven rack, until tomatoes burst and soften and some are beginning to char, about 20 minutes. (Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water to create more sauce if needed.)
- Meanwhile, coat chicken cutlets with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Grill until lightly charred and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Gently toss tomatoes with chopped tarragon. Spoon tomatoes and juices on top of chicken.