Here is a green version of caprese salad to enjoy most at those burning summer days. Nutritious thanks to the spinach, and very tempting to eat due to the colors of the fresh tomatoes, onion and the chopped basil. Just on advice, try to double the ingredients and make a bigger bowl because it is a super delicious salad for all times.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- One red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Spread the spinach out .
- Place the slices of tomato over spinach.
- Top each slice of tomato with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Add in the sliced onion
- Stir together the extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the basil over the salad.
You can serve your salad the way you like; in a bowl, a serving plate