This vegan pea pesto pasta with sun dried tomatoes and arugula recipe will definitely change the way you perceive vegan food. A tasty, colorful and filling pasta dish is always a good choice either on dinner, lunch, or for movie nights. Why? Because it is a four flavor recipe in one: lemon juice for acidity, peas for sweetness, salt for saltiness and vegan parmesan for flavor.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 15min
- 1 1/2 cups (95 g), packed basil
- 1/2 cup (30 g), packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup (126 g) green peas (if frozen, thawed)
- 4 cloves garlic (2 Tbsp or 12 g)
- 1/4 cup (33 g) toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon juice (~2 Tbsp or 30 ml)
- 1/4 cup (20 g) vegan parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 10 ounces (283 g) gluten-free pasta
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (28 g) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) arugula, organic when possible
- On a medium heat, fill in a pot with water, salt generously, and let it stand to boil.
- Meanwhile let’s make the pesto. Process basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice , vegan parmesan cheese and salt. Add olive oil gradually through the spout.
- Keep blending, scrape down sides if needed, till creamy and well incorporated.
- Once water is boiled, add pasta to cook according to the package instruction. When ready and “al dente” drain and transfer to a saucepan off heat.
- Over a medium heat, heat a large skillet, add olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, sauté for 2 min or till the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from heat, add the pasta to the garlic and tomatoes, and toss to coat.
- Then transfer to a mixing bowl, add ¾ of pea pesto and the arugula. If you desire serve them in a serving platter.
P.S: serve additional pesto on the side, and garnish with parsley, parmesan cheese and lemon juice for more acidity.