Salmon fingers lovers out there this recipe is for you to try out and don’t forget to comment below your feedback
Servings 10 portions
Cooking time: 15 to 20 min
Preparation time: 20 min
- 1 x 2 kg side of salmon, skin off,
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tspn sweet smoked paprika
- 250 g wholemeal bread
- 30 g Cheddar cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper, salt to taste
- Cut the fish into 10 portions. The nature of the shape of the salmon side means that they won’t be uniform in size, but that’s all part of their charm. I tend to cut the side lengthways about 3cm thick, then into chunks from that.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the paprika and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Tear the bread into a food processor, grate in the cheese, add 2 tablespoons of oil and process until you have breadcrumbs, then tip into a tray.
- Coat each fish portion in the egg mixture, let any excess drip off, then turn in the breadcrumbs until well coated all over. Transfer to a tray lined with greaseproof paper, layering them up between sheets of paper until they’re all coated
- Cook right away or freeze in the tray – once frozen, you can pop them into a tub or sandwich bags for easier storage.
- To cook, place however many jumbo fish fingers you need on a roasting tray and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes from fresh, or 20 minutes from frozen, or until golden and cooked through.
Dish idea: Serve along with steamed veggies,rice and a side dip.