Oat porridge with toasted pine nuts and colorful chard leaves. An organic, vegan friendly and non-vegan friendly recipe. Enjoyable every time prepared, warm or as leftovers. This genius spring summer transition is worth trying out due to its benefits:
So without further ado let’s get to it. The steps are super easy to follow, prepare everything ahead and start creating your dish. Don’t forget to rate our recipe and comment down below your thoughts.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee, divided
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups hot, purified water
- Sea salt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 5-7 chard leaves, stems and leaves separated and chopped
- Over medium heat, melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Add the oats, stir until golden and fragrant. Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer for 25 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the almond milk, cover partially the pan, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile On a medium low heat, heat a pan. Melt the remaining coconut oil with a pinch of salt and toast the pine nuts. Once toasted remove them set aside to cool.
- Increase to medium heat and add the chard stems. Sauté until soft, about four to five minutes.
- When the oat is ready stir-in the chard leaves and cooked stems. Remove it from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes to allow the leaves to wilt.
- Garnish with pine nuts and serve.