Do yourself a favor and make this “mousse au chocolate” recipe. This will wipe away all your tears, your fears and your dull unhappy days. Or simply it will be a intimate time between you and your dense, dark, creamy rich chocolate. Easy and requires only a few ingredients. NO EXCUSES to prevent yourself from this rich happiness.
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 4 eggs divided, at room temp*
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low heat. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Lightly beat egg yolks with the sugar, vanilla, and salt to mix.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture to chocolate.
- Gently stir the chocolate mixture gradually into the stiff egg whites, Pour or spoon the mixture into serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before servings.