Boost your energy with this super idiot-proof rainbow tender veggies awakening bowl!!! Try today the ultimate healthy vegetable pot to dinner, lunch or as an appetizer. Satisfy your inner vegan self and strengthen your body to the core!
Preparation time: 20 min
Total Cooking time: 40 min
- ¼ cup (55 g) tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 7 oz (200 g) extra firm tofu, 1 block, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (85 g) dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups (360 mL) vegetable stock
- ¼ cup (50 g) cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup (40 g) carrot, sliced
- ½ cup (50 g) yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) snap pea
- ¼ cup (35 g) large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded purple cabbage
- salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, beat together the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, water, salt, and pepper.
- Keep half of the sauce for serving and add the tofu to the bowl with the remaining sauce. Toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil in a medium pot. Add the tofu, Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the tofu from the pot, and slice.
- Over high heat, Add the quinoa and vegetable stock to the same pot. Stir the quinoa and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and place a strainer over the simmering quinoa.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, carrot, yellow pepper, snap peas, red onion, and purple cabbage to the strainer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked and the veggies are soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat, fluff the quinoa and divide into 2 bowls, then add the veggies and tofu. Pour the reserved sauce over.