make the classic ham and cheese tortellini when you have absolutely no idea what to make for dinner. Just get everything over the countertop and start preparing your hanger-filling, cheesy al denty recipe.
Yield : 4
Cooking time: 12 min
Preparation time:10 min
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. deli ham, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. cheese tortellini
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded swiss
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
On a medium-high heat, heat oil In a large saucepan. Add shallot and garlic and cook until soft for 3 minutes. Add ham and cook until crispy, stir for 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
Add tortellini and frozen peas and stir until coated. Pour over chicken broth. Simmer until tortellini are neither hard nor soft but is firm and slightly chewy. 6 minutes.
Add heavy cream, Swiss, and Parmesan and stir until creamy.
Garnish with parsley and serve